Sunday, October 6, 2013

Trash? What Trash?

I did it again....

I found a piece of furniture on the side of the road that someone had thrown away! HOW CRAZY!

Okay, actually my mom found it...*Kudos* to you mom!

So it is actually a "buffet" which is a fancy word for "I have a huge house so I am going to put a buffet in my foyer

Well I have neither, so this buffet is going to be a dresser, because I need one.

...So here is it, and sorry my hands got a little antsy so half the doors are already off!


I decided to paint it in Miss Mustard Seed's Linen to match our bed (since its our fancy dresser) and do Kitchen Scale on the drawers to add some color. I kept the original hardware and left the top wood. It is such a "Oh la la" color I think it will shift well in a foyer one day.


Armani likes to help me paint, he is so precious! 

This is after the first coat of paint! I am falling in love with it at this point. I added the second coat and it started to CHIP. If you know anything about milk paint...it has a natural tendency to chip depending on how well it adheres to the wood. I have never experienced this process...until now.



At this point I am now yelling at my buffet gone dresser. "No No No No No No WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" I took a deep breath and went with it, I am by far not a perfectionist so if you are I do not recommend this hobby! LOL Especially when you have spent all morning painting to your standards! I sanded away and accepted the chipping. I love the aged look it gave it. I do love that it makes each piece so different as well. 



I white waxed the drawers to give it a washed look, and I aged the linen to give it more of a distressed look. I love the two different waxes mixed together.


-Jen
xxxooox




No comments:

Post a Comment