Friday, August 23, 2013

A weekend getaway, treasured findings...

A weekend get-a-way, with some treasured findings...


I headed to the small town of Brunswick, Georgia a few weekends ago to visit with my family and see my Papa who has been recently diagnosed with Leukemia. There is always a few things that are a MUST when I head to this small town...one is eating at a place called "Willie's Wee-Nee Wagon" it was a tradition started long before I can remember. This little old yellow building has been around for about 38 years now. It was open by a man named Willie and his wife Yvonne. It probably doesn't look to appealing for new people who are first timers, but the Willie Dogs will definitely bring them back. Unfortunately, Willie died of a heart attack in 2009, and Yvonne just passed away a few short weeks ago. Even though I didn't know them personally, it was sad news to hear. I do not suspect there will be any news of Willie's closing down though.


While I was in Brunswick, I couldn't resist my urge to head out to see what people were getting rid of Saturday morning. I came across two pieces I had to bring back with me. 

The first piece is this delicate rocking chair. It is a little smaller than a regular chair. It would be gorgeous set up in a guest room or a children's room.



My absolute favorite...this half moon vintage chair. Probably one of my very favorite finds! 



I will get my hands on these two this upcoming week, so be sure to keep your eye out! 

-Jen Xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment